European Space Directory 2016
Since 1986, the “European Space Directory” is published each year in March by ESD Partners, formerly SEVIG PRESS.
It provides the most up-to-date and accurate information and has become over the years THE reference book for any company or institution working with the European space market.
The European Space Directory is endorsed by EUROSPACE and benefits from the technical and moral support of the European Space Agency (ESA).
You can browse the contents of the 2016 Edition.
For ordering (price 220 Euro + 8 Euro shipping and handling, VAT not included).
EUROPEAN SPACE DIRECTORY 2016
The 31st edition of the European Space Directory, published in April 2016, is currently available from ESD Partners Paris office.
As in the previous years, they have done their best to provide the readers with most up-to-date and accurate information. Accurate, because all the entries are supplied by the companies and institutions themselves. You know the importance of up-to-date information in a sector of the future which is space: changes are continuous and not always easy to keep track of. This is especially true in Europe due to the complexity and diversity of its space and industrial structures.
Thirty-one years of reflecting the space market and featuring worldwide space companies have allowed the Directory to gain an unequalled quality and authoritativeness in this field. Today, the European Space Directory has become over the years THE reference book for any company or institution working with the European space market and is determined to honor this acknowledged reputation in the future.
The overall layout of the Directory remains the same, with five major sections (as listed below) giving a variety of information on the Space Industry in Europe. Companies from ESA countries still form the core of the Directory. Their product quality resides in their continuous effort to satisfy the readers’ needs and requirements, from attention to the smallest detail to providing general overview of the market trends. The Directory has been compiled and published by ESD Partners (formerly SEVIG PRESS), under the patronage of EUROSPACE and with the technical assistance of ESA. Both organisations have been keeping ESD Partners well informed and supporting them in their endeavour to provide as complete and accurate data as possible.
Should you have any comments regarding its contents please do not hesitate to let ESD Partners know. If your company does not yet feature with a profile entry in the Directory, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be sure to get all the necessary information for an entry in 2017. May the European Space Directory 2016 be your useful companion throughout this year.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THE 2016 EDITION
1. EDITORIAL SECTION
- Foreword, by Jan Wörner, Director General, European Space Agency
- Publisher’s Note
- Europe’s Space Couple ESA-Commission: facing the dynamic (r)evolution of the ‘New Space’ era By Théo Pirard, Space Information Center, Belgium
- Calendar of Missions for Europe in Space 2016-2025
- Space in Daily Life, through Integrated Applications
- Table of Planned/Expected Contracts Related to Civilian Satellites for Communications and Broadcasts
- Table of Civilian Constellations of Satellites for Space Science & Applications
- Table & Situation of Satellite Navigation Systems in Operation and in Development Throughout the World
- Private Initiatives in Europe for the Development of Flexible Micro-Launchers
- Table of Nanosat Systems (Cubesat Tech.) Manufacturers
- Table of Europe’s Platforms (Micro- & Mini-Satellites) for Earth Observations
- Worldwide Development of New Launch Vehicles 2016-2022
- World Space Programmes and Budgets By Marcel Toussaint, Former Director of Studies, Eurospace
- List of the Commercial Operators of Space Systems for Users Throughout Europe
- Eurospace Facts and Figures, by Pierre Lionnet, Director of Research, ASD-Eurospace
- Launch Sites and Successful Launches of Spacecraft
2. COMPANY PROFILES
The European Space Directory offers more than 120 in-depth profiles of space companies and institutions with key information such as: General Management, Capital and Shareholders, Turnover and Personnel, Structure and Activities, Main Space Specialisations, Main Space Contracts.
3. MINIMUM LISTING
In addition to the company profiles, the European Space Directory offers nearly 100 listings with their names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses, a contact person and a few lines on space related activities. This section was conceived as an opportunity for institutions and university institutes with limited funds, for small space companies with restricted budgets or others with marginal space activities to allow them to have their entry in the Directory nevertheless.
4. WHO’S WHO
Names and positions of key personnel and decision-makers are listed here. For organizational reasons, only names from full profile entries are taken into account. Contact persons of companies featuring with a Minimum Listing are to be referred to their listing directly.
5. BUYER’S GUIDE
The aim of the Buyer’s Guide is to enable the users of the Directory to find companies and institutions specializing in various fields of activities and offering different types of space products and services.
The price of the ESD is 220 Euro per copy (plus 8 Euro for shipping and handling) VAT not included (VAT does not apply to sales outside France).